The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oops Terminated !! please help

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by dmort59, Feb 3, 2008.

1. dmort59

dmort59 Registered

cPanel was great until a working account was mistakenly terminated. Not sure how thru cpanel i got it to appear in the accounts list again,but public_html is gone, ftp is dead but ftp settings look correct. Whats the best way to delete account and recreate or fix it.I have the html files backed up on cd. I'm not much of a programer. Using cpanel 11.17.0-R19434 fedora 6 i686 WHM x 3.1.0. Thanks for any Help

2. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

asumming you keep full cpanel backups on the same server you could use the restore feature.

3. sarhosting

sarhosting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Like said - there is probaly two ways

Assuming youve taken a backup - jsut reenable the account and upload the backup

Assuming you dont have root access - speak to your host they MAY have a backup.

4. dmort59

dmort59 Registered

It gets worse. I do have root access. It's leased godaddy dedicated server. They do not do backups and I was not aware I could backup to self so I have only individual public_html backed up. Thanks

5. xrserver

xrserver Well-Known Member

Well if it is a dedicated server then you should have root access right?
    Anyway if you have all the public_html files then why not just delete the account through cpanel and re-create it and then re-upload the public_html files. You said the account showed up in cpanel correct?

6. rachelm

rachelm Well-Known Member

Check /home first, I recently terminated an account and found that cpanel made a backup of it before terminating it so there might be one in /home or /home/cprestore

If not, recreate the account via WHM and just upload your html files to it.

7. dmort59

dmort59 Registered

Yes I would love to delete the account completely and reinstall. But I can only see terminate and no delete. After I terminated it would not let me add it back in because cpanel still saw the site from somewhere. I have the HTML Files. Let there be delete ! Where is it.

Thanks