Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Open Records Compliance

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by l00ph0le, Dec 26, 2007.

1. l00ph0le

l00ph0le Member

I have a customer that needs to archive all incoming and outgoing e-mails for regulartory compliance... Is there anything built into Cpanel that can help me provide this. In addition, a script to help backup and export saved e-mails, daily weekly or monthly would be of great help also.

I am looking to test this in the next coming weeks so any help would be appreciated.

2. kkargel

kkargel Active Member

You should have no trouble doing this with exim rulesets to copy incoming and outgoing email to a trap mailbox. Having said that I would think about how much storage this will consume. I hope you are going to charge extra for that service.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. l00ph0le

l00ph0le Member

I will probably not charge extra, however, I will have to download and archive all the messages at least once per month. Does anyone have a specific ruleset in mind, and can I do it for a specific account on my server?