The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open Webmail user preferences

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by moronhead, Mar 15, 2002.

1. moronhead

moronhead Well-Known Member

Hi Nick,

The improved Webmail in build 69 looks good.

One further improvement I can think of is if you could make the From: field in User Preferences slightly more flexible.

For example, if the user has pointed or parked domains they can currently only use the primary domain in the From: field. It'd be helpful if Open Webmail could have a list of the parked or pointed domains for that user in the drop-down domain menu in User Preferences. That'd be similar to the domain list that displays in the email options in Cpanel when parked or pointed domains are DNS'ed in the user's file in /var/cpanel/users.

Best regards,

Norman

2. bert

bert Well-Known Member

Open webmail screwed up all my servers! I tried going to it and I received a message saying that root login was disabled for security, then cpane stopped working :-(

These updates usually screw things up. Can I just block cpanel autoupdates? Can this be done through the cron?

3. TRAIN YARD SOFTWARE

TRAIN YARD SOFTWARE Well-Known Member

openmail

we have same root problem, then we have to stop and start cpanel3 to fix cpanel

4. First Faze

First Faze Well-Known Member

I get the same problem when trying to login with a local user, if I try to login with a virtual user it doesn't work at all. I never had to restart cpanel though. I am defenately looking for a faster possible more easily customizable webmail

5. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:d6e79500b8][i:d6e79500b8]Originally posted by bert[/i:d6e79500b8]

Open webmail screwed up all my servers! I tried going to it and I received a message saying that root login was disabled for security, then cpane stopped working :-(

These updates usually screw things up. Can I just block cpanel autoupdates? Can this be done through the cron?[/quote:d6e79500b8]

Its not linked in anywhere. I'm curious? Why would you try it on a second server if you had a problem with it on the first one?

6. bert

bert Well-Known Member

7. TRAIN YARD SOFTWARE

TRAIN YARD SOFTWARE Well-Known Member

webmail

We have the same problem on 2 machines