The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

open_basedir change crashed PHP

Discussion in 'Security' started by atodea, Apr 28, 2011.

1. atodea

atodea Member

Hello,

I edited my PHP setting open_basedir through cPanel (Main >> Service Configuration >> PHP Configuration Editor) and I get 500 Internal Server Error foe evry PHP file.

Then I set the open_basedir field empty and nothing happened, still 500 Error.
    I even tryed to comment the line in /usr/local/lib/php.ini but it still doesn't work.

What can I do do get PHP running again?

Thank you.

2. k-planethost

k-planethost Well-Known Member

php -v
    should get you an idea why php.ini is failing
    there is a cpanel bug for the moment avoid editing php through cPanel (Main >> Service Configuration >> PHP Configuration Editor) edit only by hand
    check if there is url_rewriter.tags line which, due to a cPanel bug, resulted in the value not being enclosed within quotes properly.

The internal case for the php.ini problem is 46972. Essentially problems can occur when using the "PHP Configuration Editor" through WHM that result in url_rewriter.tags and potentially other values from being set incorrectly. The work around for the time being is to simply edit php.ini direct instead of through WHM.

Once the case is resolved, you'll see it and the version its fixed within posted here:

Change Logs

3. atodea

atodea Member

Thank you.
    I couldn't find what was changed so I reinstalled everything (it was a new server anyway).
    Thanks again.