The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

open_basedir & FreeBSD bug

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by big, Mar 5, 2005.

1. big

big Well-Known Member

i noticed that on freebsd servers vbulletin for some reason tries to use /var/tmp/ and /var/tmp is not included in the open_basedir directive under the <VirtualHost> entry which stops the vbulletin from working (some functions)
    error is:
    Code:
    Warning: filesize(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/tmp/php5g5WfW) is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/home/anwar:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /includes/functions_file.php on line 286

i had to find and replace all lines like this:
    Code:
    php_admin_value open_basedir "/usr/home/user/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp"

with
    Code:
    php_admin_value open_basedir "/usr/home/user/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp:/var/tmp"

easy way for replacing it is using "nano" editor or "vi" for newbies nano is easier just ^W + R^ and replace /usr/local/lib/php:/tmp with /usr/local/lib/php:/tmp:/var/tmp

maybe cpanel guys need to add /var/tmp to tweak security settings under WHM so it adds it to the line when editing httpd.conf

2. daniele81

daniele81 Member

It's true

I have same problem.

Can Cpanel fix this?

3. daniele81

daniele81 Member

Temporary solution

I find a temporary solution for patch httpd.conf

Here you can find "substitute" perl script: