Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Open_basedir problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by linuxgirl, Mar 27, 2007.

1. linuxgirl

linuxgirl Active Member

Hello,

We have one server and want tro enable open_basedir from whm >> tewal security but after enabling this option all ofour domains hosted on this server start showing ERROR as below -

-----------------------
    Warning: Unknown(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/Zend/etc/anti_spam.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/user/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(/usr/local/Zend/etc/anti_spam.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/Zend/etc/anti_spam.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/user/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(/usr/local/Zend/etc/anti_spam.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)() [function.include]: Failed opening '/usr/local/Zend/etc/anti_spam.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0
    -----------------------

I want to enable this option on server for security purpose but due to this error i am unable to use it.Please let me know the solution ASAP.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Linuxgirl

2. viraj

viraj Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    You may want to add /usr/local/Zend/etc/ path in the allowed path for php to overcome the open_basedir restriction.
    EG:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. linuxgirl

linuxgirl Active Member

Hello,

Thank you for your update.But could you please elaborate it more.What changes you want me to do and where?

Thank you.

Regards,
    Linuxgirl