MyLifeAsRPK

Registered
Feb 15, 2021
Cincinnati, OH
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
We are wanting to get cPanel working with LDAP and the configuration is not working, as anticipated.

Here's what we've tried...

We've installed openldap openldap-clients openldap-devel openldap-servers from the RPM manager. We manually created the 20-ldap.ini file to point to the ldap.so extension. When we go to EasyApache4, it is showing the incompatible modules that are not available for our system and ldap is listed. In the Apache extensions, mod_ldap is not available.

php -m doesn't show the module loaded, when I run a php -i | grep ldap, it shows --with-ldap=shared, but nothing more.. I'm kind of at a loss.

MyLifeAsRPK

Registered
Feb 15, 2021
Cincinnati, OH
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Did you go into Easyapache (web interface) and enable php--ldap for the version(s) of PHP that you want to use it with?
So.. I guess that's where I'm having issues. When I go into EA via WHM, it shows me that the package isn't supported on the server, which made me think I didn't have underlying packages there (openldap, etc), but even after openldap is installed, I'm still not getting anywhere.

ffeingol

PartnerNOC
Nov 9, 2001
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Is your cPanel server actually going to be the LDAP server or do you just need PHP to be able to talk to a LDAP server? One of the cPanel people will have to chime in, but my guess is you are running into a package conflict with the EasyApache LDAP and what you have installed.

Since you have a dedicated server/VPS it may be quickest to just open a cPanel ticket and have them look at it.

MyLifeAsRPK

Registered
Feb 15, 2021
Cincinnati, OH
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Is your cPanel server actually going to be the LDAP server or do you just need PHP to be able to talk to a LDAP server? One of the cPanel people will have to chime in, but my guess is you are running into a package conflict with the EasyApache LDAP and what you have installed.

Since you have a dedicated server/VPS it may be quickest to just open a cPanel ticket and have them look at it.
No, it is not going to be an LDAP server, I just need PHP to be able to talk to the LDAP server. I was thinking the same, but couldn't figure out what/why that is occurring.

ffeingol

PartnerNOC
Nov 9, 2001
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
If it's not going to be the LDAP server, I would not think you'd need any of the OS level modules installed EasyApache should install everything it needs (based on dependencies) when you enable the PHP LDAP module.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Server Management 2
W Server Management 2