The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OpenLiteSpeed for cPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jazz1611, Jul 4, 2013.

1. jazz1611

jazz1611 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I just know /http://open.litespeedtech.com

How to install it for cPanel/WHM?

Regards,

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Are you planning to use this software for performance, or because you are familiar with it? I do not suggest using it unless you have a specific need for this web server because it appears it's not widely used. You will likely encounter trouble with the installation if you are not a seasoned system administrator. If you would like to use "LiteSpeed" instead of "OpenLiteSpeed", you can find more information on it at:

LiteSpeed Web Server - Third-Party Application

While it's acceptable to use a third-party application such as LiteSpeed in place of Apache, remember that cPanel can only provide official support with Apache. We will ask that you disable LiteSpeed and enable Apache if you open a support ticket for an issue related to the web server.

Thank you.

3. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, I would also suggest you to use LiteSpeed web server instead of open litespeed. I have installed litespeed many times and I confirm that it is much efficient then apache. I think they also provide 15 days trial and you can check it's performance during it.