2.PNG

'' Operation Permitted ''

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello @ifsatube

To begin I want to point out that you absolutely should not ever attempt to remove log files in this manner. If you want to modify the log rotation settings to keep log sizes down you can do so from WHM>>Service Configuration>>cPanel Log rotation Configuration and you can select the size at which you want to have them rotate by going to WHM>>Service Configuration>>Tweak Settings -> Log Rotation Size Threshold.

Secondly, From the output you've shown, there is no indication these logs files are the cause of your disk usage issues. To get a good idea of the disk usage allocation you can run something like the following from /

So first:

Code:
cd /
next:
Code:
du -h --max-depth=1
This will give you the output of the disk usage for that directory. Typically what I do to find the largest directories:

Code:
du -h --max-depth=1 |grep G
For example, this output from my test server:

Code:
[[email protected] /]# du -h --max-depth=1 |grep G
13G    ./root
14G    ./backup
7.2G    ./home
2.9G    ./var
7.8G    ./usr
45G    .
Once I have this output I have a vague idea of the usage and I usually will opt to go to the largest directory and run the command again. In this case the largest is my backups. I can now run the same thing again in my backup directory to get a better breakdown:

Code:
[[email protected] /]# cd backup/
Code:
[[email protected] backup]# du -h --max-depth=1 |grep G
6.0G    ./2019-08-14
5.6G    ./weekly
14G    .

ifsatube

Registered
Aug 27, 2019
ist
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Code:
du -h --max-depth=1 |grep G
This code not working on my terminal... and i changed tweak Log rotation Configuration was 300M i did 50M is it okey ?

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
What do you mean it's not working? Was there an error? If you're logged in as root, while it may take some time to complete there shouldn't be an issue with it working.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello @ifsatube

I'd love to help you but I am unsure what you're asking. I've asked you to run the suggested command over the CLI to determine the disk usage allocation. You've modified the log rotation size threshold and that's a great start but traffic is not related directly to disk usage and I'm unsure where that's coming into play here.

My initial suggestion was made to help you identify where the disk usage is being attributed to. Once you can identify that you can make a plan to resolve the issue. Please let me know what the output is from the original command I provided you including if you have an error.

Thank you.