The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OPTIMIZE Cpanel ??? any help?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cmedia, Mar 9, 2009.

1. cmedia

cmedia Member

Hello,

i have rent a virtual server, with virtuozzo+cpanel.

I use if for a domain with vshare...
    So i need to have working ONLY:
    php, mysql, apache, ftp access, named i guess (i use ns1.mydomainonvirutlserver.com and ns2.mydomainonvirutlserver.com)

So, i ask:

What setting i can set to have the minimum indispensable (i don't care about ssh, about send / receive mail on my domain / stats / etc... etc...) running and optimize the cpy/memory only for what i really need in this virtual server?

thank you.

Ah, im a total newbie, specially with virtual server. :eek:

2. Kaydiddle

Kaydiddle Member

In WHM there are options that will help you optimize your vps server for use with cPanel. For instance, you can choose to use NSD instead of BIND if the datacenter the VPS is located at provides a caching nameserver, us pure-ftpd instead of pro-ftpd, EasyApache will allow you to optimize PHP performance with the selection of certain modules and your choice of how you serve PHP i.e. with FastCGI, there are also caching options, PHP accelerator options etc and links to their respective documentation so you can decide which modules are best and how they work. You can use Dovecot instead of Courier for the mail server or turn it off altogether, this option is also in WHM. You can also turn off services like SSH from an option in WHM as well. So I think this should take care of the majority of what you want to accomplish.