The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optimize EIDE HD come bakup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by danielaugustus, Oct 19, 2003.

1. danielaugustus

danielaugustus Well-Known Member

I used Optimize EIDe HD option in WHM. After that I started receiving a lot of emails focPanel saying that SMART detect that my HD was about to fail. How can this happen ?

Is this cause the Optimize ?

The SMART says it using numbers that demonstrates that erros are huge on using HD.

How can I revert this ? Does anyone know ?

2. paint

paint Well-Known Member

Seems like your HD is about to fail.. I would tell your datacenter so they switch our your HD if you are a dedicated client.

3. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

These messages are probably erroneous. I ran into the same problem. SMART reported that one of my drives had 1 hour left before failure so I scrambled and asked the datacenter to replace the drive. The new drive reported the exact same issue. I again asked to have the drive replaced. The third drive reported the same issue, and has been reporting 1 hour left for the last 6 months.

Does it make me feel good to see this message everyday? No

Have I figured out a way to eliminate it without disabling SMART? No

I scratched the surface looking for a resolution, and everything I saw pointed to the SMART utilities not being 100% compatible with certain drives/controllers.

Are you using Seagate drives by any chance?

4. danielaugustus

danielaugustus Well-Known Member

Yeah, how do you know they are Seagate drives ? The same from you ? I think this is something that needs correction on future releases of cPanel :D