Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Optimizing CentOS vps; MySQL server and jpeg cropping

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by Mangoose, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Mangoose

Mangoose Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi

I looking for some leads and (paid) help to optimize my current CentOS vps that I control via SSH and of course the wonderful cPanel (WHM).

I read that there are some command line instructions that let you optimize the databases
    like the following below:
    Code:
    mysqlcheck -u'admin' -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` --auto-repair --optimize --all-databases;
    I and I also would like to implement Google's PageSpeed Modules for Apache.

Now as for the PageSpeed Module I have not come any further than .. building mod_pagespeed From Source

where it says:
    From there on I get lost and a bit... reluctant to do anymore that might mess things up.

Is there not an "easy" way to do these things without involving SSH and just do it within WHM ? and if not who can and is willingly to help. Perhaps it is not apprioate to ask these things in this forum, for that I apologize but I have no idea where to ask this question.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Mangoose, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  2. gnusys

gnusys Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mangoose

Mangoose Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Anoop,

Thank you for sharing the info but i do not understand this nginx versus apache stuff. I currently have one OpenVZ container running CentOS 6.6 with Cpanel on my dedicated CentOS Linux server. The other OpenVZ container runs CentOS 5.5. That is now beside the point I wish to improve the pageloading of our scripts that run on that CentOS 6.6 container that currently is set to Apache 2.4 not Nginx.

Are you telling me that I can still use your cPanel module nonetheless ?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello :)

You can review the following page if you want to implement PageSpeed with Apache:

https://github.com/pagespeed/cpanel

This URL includes installation instructions.

Thank you.