The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optimizing Sending mail with Cpanel

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by gunmuse, Aug 23, 2003.

1. gunmuse

gunmuse Well-Known Member

Ok I have a Ensim Server and Cpanel server. Since Ensim uses Sendmail I just edit my Sendmail.cf file to open up more than 1 thread when sending mail. I usually set it to 25 threads.

But How do I Speed up the send rate with Mailman and the Cpanel?

Can I do it on a site by site basis like in Ensim? I have other corporate users on the server and it would be great benefit to them as well.

I don't want to open it up to my customers but I myself don't see why I should wait 3 hours to email my 17,000 members. When I have a Huge dual xeon server with a Raid 5 drive system.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. gunmuse

I just got an email calling me a liar from this. Because they saw my signature.

Like most folk I own more than one domain name. While gunmuse is a Top 10,000 company for traffic.

My major program is a Traffic generation that is cutting edge and we do have over 17,000 members in that. The program allows us to generate more than a million banners, popups and page views per day. FOR FREE. Really cutting edge how we make use of other websites Free offers to promote. We are very proud of this program as it is 100% hand built. We are upgraded our php code to remove the deprecated calls now then will move it to a Cpanel system if we can speed up the mail. Having Hours of delay in a mail system would mean some members who have a disadvantage due to When they got their mail.

[​IMG]

3. gunmuse

Just bumping this up because I am still looking for an answer on how to open more threads to send mail on.