Options for allowing external senders to avoid greylisting and other checks

GQsm

Sep 30, 2010
Hi,

So I have migrated my clients to a new cpanel server and have took the opportunity to dive in and enable greylisting across the board.
Straight away a client's supplier is using a bespoke system that hasn't been coded well and gives up trying to send mail when deferred.

I have seen the trusted hosts list but it is IP only and I am wondering where else I can put a single email address or whole domain and have it bypass greylisting.

Related second question
I seem to have lots and lots of places to "whitelist" or "allow" domains, email addresses and IPs and am kind of losing track now where each one is and when you would choose it over another option.
Is there a list where all these places are within cpanel and what they whitelist against. It would save me a lot of time rather than having to dig through documentation per feature one at a time, the rub being I forget what feature contains which whitelist option.

Thanks.

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hello @GQsm,

It's not possible to whitelist a host or domain for Greylisting at this time, however I encourage you to vote and add feedback to the existing feature request open on the link below:

Greylisting flexibility for dynamic sender IP addresses

In the meantime, you may want to consider recommending the use of the following option in WHM >> Greylisting:

Bypass Greylisting for Hosts with Valid SPF Records

Per it's description:

Whether the system automatically accepts email from hosts with a valid sender policy framework (SPF). SPF is an email validation system. It allows mail exchangers to verify whether a received mail came from a host authorized by that domain's administrators.

I seem to have lots and lots of places to "whitelist" or "allow" domains, email addresses and IPs and am kind of losing track now where each one is and when you would choose it over another option.
Is there a list where all these places are within cpanel and what they whitelist against. It would save me a lot of time rather than having to dig through documentation per feature one at a time, the rub being I forget what feature contains which whitelist option.
You can review the "Access Lists" tab on the document below for information about what each access list does:

Exim Configuration Manager - Basic Editor - Version 82 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Beyond that, there's no single document that lists each option in the WHM and cPanel user interfaces related to controlling access to email services. However, if there's a specific setting you are unsure or need more information about, feel free to let us know.

Thank you.