Order of how RBLs are processed in Exim

Operating System & Version
Cloudlinux 7.9
cPanel & WHM Version

czemel

Registered
Jun 9, 2007
Hi,

I was wondering what the order of how RBLs are processed in EXIM and whether we can change the order. One example of how that would help is for example zen.spamhaus which rate limits if the volume is too high. So it would be better to process another RBL first so if its on that list, it wouldn't have to query spamhaus

Thanks.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! The RBLs are processed in the order they appear in the Exim configuration, which is the same order they are organized in WHM >> Exim Configuration Manager >> Advanced Editor. By default, the zen list is already the last to be scanned as I see that is at the end of the RBL section on my test server - are you seeing something different with that on your end?

czemel

Registered
Jun 9, 2007
Hey there! The RBLs are processed in the order they appear in the Exim configuration, which is the same order they are organized in WHM >> Exim Configuration Manager >> Advanced Editor. By default, the zen list is already the last to be scanned as I see that is at the end of the RBL section on my test server - are you seeing something different with that on your end?
Thanks for your reply! It was more of a question. I do see it appear last in the EXIM Advanced editor though, Just wasn't sure of the order and wanted to make sure it processes Spamhaus last as it seems we may have hit query limits as we saw SPAM go through and when looking up the IP within minutes (I do realize there is a time issue) we see that the IP was blocked by SPAMhaus (we use zen.spamhaus.org)..

Reactions: cPRex