The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Organize multiple sites in directories

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wasssu, Mar 25, 2016.

1. wasssu

wasssu Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

I'm new to cpanel and i have some stupid questions.

I have one domain and the files of the domain can be found in the public_html folder.
    If I add a second domain I suppose I should create and new directory in public_html and point to that dir? At the end I'll have in the root of public_html the files and dirs of the initial domain and here also the directories of other domains that I added later.

It's possible to create a new dir in the public_html for the first/initial domain and point the domain to that dir?

So at the end I want to have in the public_html something like this:
    domain1.com (directory)
    domain2.com (directory)
    domain3.com (directory)

Thanks!

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Creating addon domains and not changing any settings will do this for you automagically. You are able to create the addon domain outside of the public_html/ directory as well by modifying the path you're presented with on creation screen in cPanel. Doing so your addon site will be located at, addondomain.com.

If you leave the default settings (do not modify path) and created an addon domain, your addon domain can be found at: addonddomain.com and, initialdomain.com/addondomain.com

By default the system creates your addon domain(s) within the initial domains public_html/ directory, like your example mentions.