The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Organize my accounts - Need help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by acalder, Jan 4, 2012.

1. acalder

acalder Registered

I used to be on shared hosting many years ago. I would use my various cPanel accounts to host content for people or projects. Over time, I ended up with 3 different shared hosting cPanel accounts on various web hosts, each with a couple of domains under the main account.

I moved to a vPS and had everything transferred over for me which I now manage under WHM as a series of separate accounts. However, now I have 3 different accounts that have up to 5 domains each under them and what I really want to do is have 1 domain per account.

Part of the reason for me posting this is because I am not exactly sure how to move a domain under an account to an account of it's own. I am about to transfer all my accounts from my current VPS to a VPS at a new company and I want to get everything straightened out before I do that.

My question: Is that easy to do or is this going to be a nightmare? Most of the domains are wordpress blogs with a few of them being other combinations of content and application.

If you need any more info, let me know. I've included a very rough visualization of my accounts.

Thanks,
    A

Edit: damn, the image didn't attach properly. If you need it, let me know

#1 acalder, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

There are no automated tools available that will separate your add-on domains into their own accounts. However, it should not be too difficult to manually convert them into their own accounts. Some users have had success following the methods used on the following forum post:

Moving Addon Domain to it's own account

I also encourage you to post your support for the open feature request for this, found at:

Migrate Addon domain to separate account

Thank you.