The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Organizing my domains with IP's + SSL Certs - Advice

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by jbilliau93, Sep 2, 2015.

1. jbilliau93

jbilliau93 Registered

Sep 2, 2015
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello all,

I'm fairly new to WHM, but have used cpanel for years. Recently we purchased for our business and I got it up and running. I need some guidance and questions answered so I can do this with best practice in mind.

We will be hosting about 6 of our business domains which we will be bringing back internally. Currently, I have WHM setup as a shared IP address (internal example) which is also the centos 7 server it sits on. WHM also has a shared external IP too.

Then I have two test accounts I created with two test domains each having their own WAN IP as well.

Anyways, the majority of these 6 domains we are bringing inhouse will need SSL certs. I'm not sure if I should seperate each domain into its own account, or put them all under 1 account and 1 IP. Which is best here? If I seperate em, updating them via ftp is a pain cuz you need 6 ftp accounts, rather than using 1 and clicking on any public_html/domain you want.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

It's acceptable to install SSL certificates for multiple domain names under the same account via SNI functionality. It's natively supported with no custom configuration required. Documentation is found at:

SSL FAQ And Troubleshooting

Thank you.