The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OS Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nitsua, Aug 15, 2001.

1. nitsua

nitsua Member

I\'ve got a question. What kind of install package do I want to choose when I install Mandrake 8.0? I had a band new Compaq Proliant test server set-up for web hosting and I decided to install a beta copy of Cpanel, but it didn\'t detect any of my already set-up config files and any of my already installed packages. In some cases it duplicated the software and basicly screwed everything up.

No worries though, it\'s just a test server. :)

PS - Anyone willing to co-locate my server, and maybe use it for development?

2. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:d064db8497]I\'ve got a question. What kind of install package do I want to choose when I install Mandrake 8.0? I had a band new Compaq Proliant test server set-up for web hosting and I decided to install a beta copy of Cpanel, but it didn\'t detect any of my already set-up config files and any of my already installed packages. In some cases it duplicated the software and basicly screwed everything up.

No worries though, it\'s just a test server. :)

PS - Anyone willing to co-locate my server, and maybe use it for development? [/quote:d064db8497]

You should be doing a server install.

3. nitsua

nitsua Member

Just a normal server install with nothing special selected? That must have been my problem besides haven\'t already setup a bunch of stuff.

- Nitsua

4. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:a6dcafafc8]Just a normal server install with nothing special selected? That must have been my problem besides haven\'t already setup a bunch of stuff.

- Nitsua [/quote:a6dcafafc8]

Let me know if you have any future problems with mdk 8.0 I\'ll be happy to fix them for you personally. I\'m looking to imporve the mdk 8.0 support as much as possible. (if you haven\'t notice cpanel is built on a mdk box for the last year)

5. nitsua

nitsua Member

Thanks my brotha! I\'ve been really happy with Mandrake, I think it\'s going to really make some waves in the Linux community with version 8.0 I\'ve been getting a little disapointed with Red Hat in their last few versions and I don\'t know how their apache wanna-be, Tux, is going to go over when it\'s finished. They promise better load balancing but if it doesn\'t take off it\'s not going to do much good. Anyway Mandrake has a real nice product making it easy for Linux illiterates to get around and operate. Plus, the best feature of all the live update feature to fix all the little bugs and upgrade packages.

- Nitsua