The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSC and register_globals... problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bushman, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Bushman

Bushman Registered

OK, I know this question has been possed many times before but none of the solutions have worked for me.

A little history. I OSC based store front went down a few weeks back and it shows this error:

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

The rest of my site works fine (non os commerse bassed). I tried changing the htaccess and adding register_globals = 1 or on or what ever but then I just get a 500 error page.

Now, I'm pretty new at all this, so I need a step by step (babysteps) guide on how to fix this. If someone that can help me needs more info on my software versions or what ever, I'll try to answer them to the best of my abilities.

2. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Are you using the latest version of OS Commerce? I thought the latest version of OS Commerce did not require register_globals.

3. Bushman

Bushman Registered

Well, I have OSC 2.2.... I know OSC 3.0 is out.... problem is that Cpanel will not let me upgrade... shows some warning about an upgrade test failed and that I assume all risk if it upgrade fails... kind of scary.

I guess since my store is not working... I should try it... whats the worst that can happen, my store doesnt work anyways.

Any other sugestions before I go with the upgrade? Has anyone been able to fix the 2.2 version?

4. InstaCarma_Tech

InstaCarma_Tech Well-Known Member

You can try putting the following line in the .htaccess file to enable register globals:

Code:
     php_flag register_globals on 
    If the above still generates the error then you can try creating a file named 'php.ini' in the folder named 'catalog' and put the following line in it :

Code:
     register_globals = on