The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

osCommerce 2.2ms2 Setup- Top level directory?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jewbacca, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Jewbacca

Jewbacca Registered

Good Afternoon,

I'm not 100% sure if this is the correct place to post. If it is not i'm sorry.

I'm trying to get around installing osCommerce 2.2ms2 (via cPanel) on the top directory. The reason for this is that the osCom. store will be located on one of my addon domains (which allready points to a subdirectory) and for that reason it is impossible to install OsCom. within that directory.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help.

Nathan Levy

2. ehpmahesh

ehpmahesh Well-Known Member

If you are trying to install Oscomm. on addon domain (Which is pointed to subdomain)it will not work. It will work with domain only.

3. Jewbacca

Jewbacca Registered

Thank you for your reply.

It is an addon domain, but it is not pointed to a subdomain but a subfolder. As far as I know this is the only way addon domain work? It is a folder on my main account in the 'public_html' directory

An example would somthing like /public_html/examplefolder/ --- I have set the addon domain, www.exampledomain.com to point back to the /public_html/examplefolder/ folder. This all works perfect! but...... because how cPanel installs osCommerce it has to be in a top directory. In a sence, it is on a top directory within the domain (its actual URL would be somthing like www.exampledomain.com/store/ but its path would be /public_html/examplefolder/store/

This seems like a major flaw in how the install script works, or maybe i'm just not using it correctly?

I hope this makes sence and I appreciate all the help I can get.

4. pagedeveloping

pagedeveloping Well-Known Member

Have you installed this yet?

go ahead and type in the directory name and all will work fine.
    Meaning the sub folder in your public_html that the domain points to.