The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

osCommerce/ Cpanel - PLEASE HELP ME

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cropshop, Mar 30, 2004.

1. cropshop

cropshop Member

Can anyone assist me. I am using Cpanel and trying to link osCommerce. It appears like the one that I have is not the current version although it states that it is downloading 2.2MS (which is the one I want). My domain name is going to another oscommerce link which is incorrect. Can anyone please give me the steps to take in cpanel to correctly link my domain name to the correct oscommerce. PLEASE HELP. READY TO GIVE UP :confused:

2. GOT

GOT Get Proactive!

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I wou;d need a lot more info than what you are giving. Your problem could be DNS related, OSC installation related, or a number of other posibilities.

Can you provide more details?

3. cropshop

cropshop Member

I have downloaded the new version of oscommerce and have it available on my computer (unzipped) yet don't know how to install it on my osCommerce. It doesn't appear to allow me to upgrade it on the cpanel. Where to I upload this file so that I can start working with it on cpanel?

The cpanel program that I have from my web hoster includes an older version of osCommerce which is not supported and as a result it has been reccommended that I not use it. Therefore I am trying to modify it with this newer version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    :confused:

4. GOT

GOT Get Proactive!

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    You should remove the one that you installed via the cpanel interface and manually install the one you downloaded from the oscommerce site.