Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

OSCommerce register_global patch - works a treat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by webignition, Mar 15, 2006.

1. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

I've just been dealing with a client who was having issues with OSCommerce whereby it doesn't like the fact that register_globals is turned off.

Since I have phpsuexec enabled, my client couldn't turn on register_globals through .htaccess and neither would it work in a local php.ini file (I don't think it should work in a local php.ini).

After a bit of a hunt around I found an offical patch that, from what I can tell, makes OSCommerce work with register_globals off.

I thought it worth mentioning incase others encountered the same problem.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2097

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ramprage

ramprage Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

I've had a bit of a fiddle with OSCommerce after applying this patch and OSCommerce now definitely works without register_globals turned on.

Makes you wonder why this hasn't been patched into the latest release . . .

4. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

Its about time that the OsCommerce developers address this. Thanks for your post Webignition.