The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OT: Advertising?, Where are you guys advertising at??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HollyRidge, Jan 17, 2004.

1. HollyRidge

HollyRidge Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Just wanted to ask you guys a couple of questions and inquire on advice about advertising. I am not looking to take any business away from anyone but to get our name out there to at least help offset some of our server cost. I am hoping that someone can help us in the right direction.

Our name is very strong out there with server management and we have been trying for quite some time to get our name out there in the hosting rumble but no matter what we do only getting a few snags here and there. Anyway what I wanted to ask was what are you guys doing as far as advertising to get your clients? I have tried posting advertisment threads in several forums even offering great deals which has helped get a few clients but that is about the extent. Basically so far has almost seemed like a waste of time and getting pretty much frustrated.

Thanks for your time and help.

2. cyon

cyon Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

we use google adwords.
    expensive but cool! :)

3. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

We used Google for two months. We recieved allot of clicks, but not one sale. A total waste of money.

Over the last two weeks we set up scripts to track where the clicks were coming from and found something very suspicious:
    There were allot of hits from a site using Google Ad Sense Banners and the click through IP's were in consecutive numerical order - accounting for a total of 15 "unique" clicks. We had the some problem with IP's originating from the RIPE Network.

Their fraud countermeasures obviously failed when to came to our site and campaign. We'll never use Google again for anything.

#3 Nico, Mar 24, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2004