The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outbound IP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peterz, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Peterz

Peterz Registered

On my dedicated server i have a few extra IPs. I know how can i change the IP of a domain etc, but the outbound IP always the main server IP.

I would like to know if it is possible to set up cpanel accounts (and on its domains etc) to each have its own outbound IP to connect to other servers and make calls etc. So i would like my customers domains to have their own outbound IP and their php scripts could run separately.

edit: no mailing done by the domains.

Thank you!

#1 Peterz, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    So by outbound IPs what is meant here for the service being used for the outbound traffic anyway if it isn't mail? MySQL? If you are meaning MySQL, then you cannot use a different IP than the main MySQL IP for outbound MySQL traffic. If you are taking about Apache, you should be able to do an Apache connection outbound on the IP for the domain. I'm not certain what you are doing precisely that you require a different IP outbound for the IP regardless. The only services besides MySQL and email that I can think even would use an IP for outbound traffic are IRC-based ones, which normally aren't something we would be helping to configure.

3. Peterz

Peterz Registered

Yeah, dont get me wrong, it isn't IRC-based, or MySQL, nor mailing. Just simple HTTP requests running by hosted php applications, but if some users mess up something, it is affects other users as well, with temporary blocks on the outbound ip. So i thought it would be the best to have them work with separate outbound IPs, if it can be done.