The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outdated phpBB in cpAddons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sparek-3, May 16, 2006.

1. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I know that the cpAddon stuff is new in the newer version of CPanel and I suspect that this is being worked on, but I will ask anyway. Is there any ETA for updated scripts through the cpAddon interface? Specifically I am referring to phpBB. We have some users who install phpBB through the control panel interface, yet it is still at 2.0.19. The latest version is 2.0.20. I haven't upgraded our production servers to CPanel 10.8.2 which has the cpAddon interface, we are still running 10.8.1 and waiting for any issues to get resolves with 10.8.2 (plus I'm still trying to get a handle on the cpAddon interface myself on a test server). I realize I would probably need to upgrade to 10.8.2 to get the updated phpBB installation, but my test server is still showing it as 2.0.19.

There is an enhancement request for phpBB 2.0.20 at:

http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=4059

I suspect that the CPanel people are just busy rolling out CPanel 10.8.2 and insuring that everything is working with this version. 10.8.2 has not yet reached Stable so I am assuming this is the case. I'm assuming that once 10.8.2 reaches Stable, then updated versions of these scripts, such as phpBB, will start to appear. Am I correct in this assumption?

I'm not really meaning to rush the CPanel people into releasing an updated phpBB for CPanel, it's just that we are beginning to receive a few e-mails from clients wondering when the new version of phpBB will be included in CPanel so that they can perform the upgrade from within CPanel. I am reluctant to recommend that they manually upgrade the boards, because I fear that this will make future patching with the CPanel version of phpBB impossible. I am just wondering if anyone knows if the CPanel developers still plan to release patches for these scripts or if this is going to start becoming something that is community driven? Any type of ETA as to when the updated version of phpBB would be released would also be helpful, so we could inform our clients.

Thanks