Oct 27, 2017
Albania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I have 2 problems.

First one is that cpanel didn't count outgoing bandwidth, one client was using this kind of php script (a speedtest script full script attached), While my whole server went offline because of +2GB/s outgoing bandwidth from cPanel i wasn't able and still i'm not able to see that this user has used that bandwidth!

A fast solution which i found was by limiting outgoing bandwidth for my cPanel server as is hosted on my dedicated server i totally have access to it so i just limited eth0 nic bandwidth.
But i just need to know if is possible why that bandwidth wasn't counted?

[second issue moved to different thread]

Can someone help about those please?!

Thanks for support.

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

There are no features in cPanel/WHM that will allow you to enable bandwidth monitoring for outgoing traffic, and to then restrict users based on outgoing bandwidth. You may find this older post helpful if you are interested in using a third-party utility to monitor traffic:

network monitoring tool

We do have a feature request open that you can vote and add feedback on at:

Log outbound traffic

Additionally, you may also find this document informative:

Apparent Discrepancies in Bandwidth Usage Statistics - Version 68 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Regarding the issue with PHP, I've moved that to it's own thread at:

New Thread - PHP disabled_functions

Thank you.

Reactions: Xhuljo Skendaj
Oct 27, 2017
Albania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

There are no features in cPanel/WHM that will allow you to enable bandwidth monitoring for outgoing traffic, and to then restrict users based on outgoing bandwidth. You may find this older post helpful if you are interested in using a third-party utility to monitor traffic:

network monitoring tool

We do have a feature request open that you can vote and add feedback on at:

Log outbound traffic

Additionally, you may also find this document informative:

Apparent Discrepancies in Bandwidth Usage Statistics - Version 68 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Regarding the issue with PHP, I've moved that to it's own thread at:

New Thread - PHP disabled_functions

Thank you.
Thank you for cleaning my post and support and i'm sorry, i didn't know that cPanel does not count outgoing bandwidth!

Reactions: cPanelMichael