Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Outgoing email problem and exim_mainlog not report of errors

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by sklim, Jul 22, 2006.

1. sklim

sklim Registered

Using the webmail (Squirrelmail) to send outgoing email but email never reach by receiver. No problem of receiving email.

I hv check the /var/log/exim_mainlog file it does not show any errors. When I run tail -f /var/log/exim_mainlog to monitor real-time of exims log, outgoing email didn't get into the exim_mainlog file only incoming email get logged. I though the firewall was blocking, but telnet to port 25 to external SMTP host has reply. And runing tcpdump port 25 did not should report outgoing packets when sending emails.. I run two scripts to check the mail permission and alias not sovling the problem either..

Futhermore mail queue report none email inside the queue.

Raw testing...

exim -v xxxxx@gmail.com
    To: xxxxx@gmail.com
    Subject: Testing Gmail

Gmail
    LOG: MAIN
    <= root@xxxxx.com U=root P=local S=335
    delivering 1G4BhG-0002sH-Bv
    root@xxxxx[~]# Connecting to gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [64.233.163.114]:25 ... connected
    SMTP<< 220 mx.gmail.com ESMTP r15si2163970nza
    SMTP>> EHLO xxxxxxxx.com
    SMTP<< 250-mx.gmail.com at your service, [xx.xxx.40.157]
    250-SIZE 20971520
    250-8BITMIME
    250 ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
    SMTP>> MAIL FROM:<root@domain.com> SIZE=1368
    SMTP<< 250 2.1.0 OK
    SMTP>> RCPT TO:<xxxxx@gmail.com>
    SMTP<< 250 2.1.5 OK
    SMTP>> DATA
    SMTP<< 354 Go ahead
    SMTP>> writing message and terminating "."
    SMTP<< 250 2.0.0 OK 1153552511 r15si2163970nza
    SMTP>> QUIT
    => xxxxx@gmail.com R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp H=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [64.233.163.114]
    Completed

Email get delived but using webmail not getting through sender. And exim_mainlog loged the above outgoing transaction.

Why using webmail my message did not send to receiver, mailqueue empty and exim_mainlog did not log the outgoing email transaction.?

What should I look next is any other configuations files for exim or imap that I need to checked?

#1 sklim, Jul 22, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2006
  2. sklim

sklim Registered

Since outlook users can send outgoing email with problems becos of SMTP Auth, so it the SMTP Auth with Squirrelmail not working...

3. sumith

sumith Well-Known Member

Outlook users can send outgoing email with problems or without problems? Also, have you tried any other webmail software like horde to do the same?

Running /scripts/fixwebmail might help you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...