The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

outgoing smtp from outlook

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by chadi, Aug 20, 2004.

1. chadi

chadi BANNED

I'm have a very strange problem here. Suddenly, my outgoing smtp emails will not send out from Outlook. I did not change any settings whatsoever. I even restarted Exim twice in case.
    I have no problem retrieving, but won't go out.

Task 'Master - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Task 'Sales - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Task 'Sales - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Task 'Master - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Anyone know what's causing this?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Those errors are meaningless. You need to look in your server mail logs to establish where the problem lies.

3. chadi

chadi BANNED

Actually, my ISP provider decided overnight that all clients should use their own smtp mail server. They did not send a letter or email for that matter.

I had to call them to find out.

Thanks.