The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outlook error 0x800CCC

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Jonathan M, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Jonathan M

Jonathan M Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi, some of my clients and myself have been getting this 0x800CCC Outlook 2010 error quite frequently. For me, this usually comes maybe 5-15 times during workday. Outlook will usually connect again after clicking manually send/receive. I have ports 143/587 and 993/465 in use and mostly they all work fine, so I think it cannot be that some ports are blocked by router or ISP.

I had my server support looked into this few times, but they only said that everything looks normal and they cannot get the error replicated with their brief tests.

This happens at least with IMAP with or without using SSL, I dont know about POP.

Do you know if this problem is with server configuration, Outlook or internet connection? Any advice what I should do?

2. Mark Muyskens

Mark Muyskens Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    What's the entire error code? Should have two more characters...

3. Jonathan M

Jonathan M Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, I think I usually/always have ending with 0f, my client sent screen shot that had ending 0E.

4. Mark Muyskens

Mark Muyskens Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    0F - usually caused by interference with a virus scanning application that is scanning your outbound mail, such as Norton. If this is your case, try disabling it.

0E - sounds like that user's ISP may be blocking port 25, have them try changing it to 587 OR using there ISP's outgoing server.

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You can browse /var/log/exim_mainlog or /var/log/maillog when this happens to see if the error is reported on the server.

Thank you.

6. Jonathan M

Jonathan M Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi, I found this kind of message in exim_mainlog related to my own mail account. This seems to happen few times an hour.

2016-02-10 15:01:25 The system failed to read the maildirsize file “/home/user/mail/user.com/client.name/maildirsize” because of an error: Failed to open “/home/user/mail/user.com/client.name/maildirsize”: Permission denied at /etc/exim.pl.local line 1946.

Also I noticed that the errors seems to come only for two mail accounts that has additional sub folders created under IMAP Inbox. Other mail accounts that uses only default IMAP folders do not give these errors, at least according this few days monitoring period.

Outlook error also points maybe to this since it is: "outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders 0x800ccc0f"

7. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  8. Jonathan M

Jonathan M Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you very much. Lets wait for the next version then. :)