The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outlook / Exim issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skysaber, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Skysaber

Skysaber Member

is anyone else finding that Outlook and Exim just don't like each other and fail intermittently. I have tried all the fixes I have seen on this forum:

1) run on Port 26
    2) make sure user has Secure Auth unchecked
    3) make sure they have it checked :D

My client complains constantly. Any ideas I have missed? It's that SSL auth error by the way:

SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10051, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

any help wuld be greatly appreciated.

2. taivu

taivu Well-Known Member

Sometimes dropping the "mail." part from POP3 and SMTP server names helps with OE, in other words use just "clientdomain.com" as the mail server name.

No, it's not a SSL error, it just tells if SSL is used or not. Would be "Secure(SSL): Yes" if user has set his/her client to use SSL.

3. Annette

Annette Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

What do the logs say when they connect and attempt to send mail? We've seen a variety of errors, ranging from hostname lookup failures to incorrect auth data. For the latter, it seems to occur more frequently with Verizon than anyone else. We solve ithat one by dumping their hostname into /etc/relayhosts manually, let them authenticate and send mail, and it seems to hold them for awhile.