The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outlook / Exim - mail does not get delivered

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by p123, Nov 18, 2011.

1. p123

p123 Member

Dear community,

I am currently encountering a very strange issue which is quite bothering.

I have my WHM set up on running exim and I am using my mailboxes on Outlook 2010 (imap). All works properly but recently my customers are sometimes not receiving my emails even though it's in my sent box (both in Outlook and if I check in my web-mail it's there too). After monitoring this for a while I figured out that if I have an IP range starting with 58.*.*.* Outlook sends my emails but they don't get delivered. I have to restart my router in order to get a different IP range and then everything works fine.

What can I do to somehow white-list this ip-range and prevent this from happening any further?

Thank you, some advice would be very much appreciated,
    Peter

2. minosjl

minosjl Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    hi,

you can use the cPHulk Brute Force Protection feature in order to whitelist the ip address , but its basically used to block the invalid login attempts from a ip address to server services.please check do you have any invalid login attempts from this ip range.You can view this feature in the security centre tab.

3. p123

p123 Member

Thank you for your reply minosjl - and thanks for the suggestion - where exactly can I find the security center tab?

4. nightman

nightman Member

You can also check your maillog for your mail entries, to see what is happening to your outgoing mails.

Also, Do you have any firewall installed, using dynamic blackhole ip list to block spam ip's? if yes then you may have your 58.x.x.x ips are listed there.