The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outlook Express and cPanel mail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Hulkenberg01, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Hulkenberg01

Hulkenberg01 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    I am having a problem with the cpanel mail and outlook express. I currently use outlook express and I have also just created a new email account with my domain.

I can receive and send emails from my domain email without any problems but when I tested my outlook Express by sending an email to my domain account webmail I am experiencing problems.

When I send the email to my cpanel mail I am presented with the message

"email account does not exist at the organisation"

I have looked into configuring Outlook but I am worried that it could turn my seperate Outlook account into a copy of my webmail and render the outlook email redundant. I still need to use the Outlook email address and I want it to be entirely seperate from my webmail account.

Any info would be great....

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I'm not sure I understand this:

When you create an email account in cPanel, and you configure your email client to access that email account, it is the same email account, not a separate account. Outlook Express does not create email accounts, or come with one, of course.

You might want to go over your Outlook Express settings to make sure you've entered all the details correctly.

Or, you might try using the auto config option for Outlook Express in cPanel > Mail section > Email Accounts > at bottom of this page find the email account listed here that you created, to the right find the Menu titled "More" and select: Configure Email Client, and click.

You have several options here to consider. A POP3 account will by default download all messages from the server. An IMAP account will leave mail on server, and download to Outlook Express and download to your mobile phone, and where ever else you setup that same IMAP account to be used.

IMAP is a great way to go and keep your email with you everywhere.

Hope that helps! :)

3. Hulkenberg01

Hulkenberg01 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Thanks for the help!

4. ruzbehraja

ruzbehraja Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You need to check if the email id created in the cpanel is the same in Outlook Express.

If it is the same then
    did you recently transfer your domain or modify the nameservers?

It maybe that the nameservers have not completely propagated and are pointing to the old server,
    which no longer has that email id and is returning the response: "email account does not exist at the organisation"

You will need to wait for 24-48 hours for it to propagate across.

Check the complete bounce email to see which server it has come from.