The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outlook Express - Auto Configuration issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ambient, Jun 3, 2008.

1. ambient

ambient Registered

Hello,

I installed a new email address through the Auto Configuration in cpanel. The problem that I have is that I was just testing the auto configuration and the email address is my client's new email address and not mine.

I have tried removing it from the cpanel but then I can't open my emails in Outlook Express. This is the problem: It comes up with two password pop-up boxes 1. for my regular email address and 2. for my client's email address. When I removed my client's email address from the cpanel Outlook Express won't open because it can't verify my client's password.

I also tried deleting the email address from both Outlook Express and cpanel and this pop up window still comes up asking for my client's password.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Your host can better help you with this, but basically when you clicked that link to auto config, you setup an email account in your Outlook Express. SO you need to remove the accout from Outlook Express, nothing to do with cPanel though. Just kill the new account on your email client on your own computer.