Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outlook or Thunderbird?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Jake Balls, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Jake Balls

Jake Balls Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hello everyone. Not too much acquainted with mail clients and all. My inbox is getting heavier with official mails every hour. one of my friends suggested me to archive my mails and use a mail client. can you brief me which mail client to own? thanks in advance.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

There are several third-party email clients available for use across multiple operating systems. Outlook and Thunderbird are widely used, so you may want to go with one of those two if you are a new user and need access to a wide range of support and documentation.

Thank you.

3. brt

brt Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Outlook is the more "professional" one as it's part of Microsoft Office and lots of corporations utilize it, but we've switched a lot of our smaller business clients to Thunderbird because it's so lightweight. Search is instant vs. Outlook taking foorreevveerr to search through mail that's locally on the freakin' computer.

Just my two cents.

4. Tony304

Tony304 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I had the similar question as well.
    Probably i shall own Thunderbird. Shall i own any Backup tool like Mail Backup X or the Thunderbird already comes with some inbuilt function to store my mails safe enough?

5. Jake Balls

Jake Balls Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Thanks for your suggestion, everyone. I configured my mails to Thunderbird through POP. I tested the Mail Backup X tool, which Tony304 named. Works really good. I can store my mails at two different locations simultaneously. This was something I was actually looking for.