The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outlook Problem Question from a Non Techie

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lilipwr, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Lilipwr

Lilipwr Registered

I'm totally frustrated. I can't seem to send an email via Outlook using my email address, which uses a cPanel server. By the way, I CAN receive emails via Outlook.

Outlook keeps telling me that it is unable to connect to the outgoing mail server (which I have been told by my IT person is the same as the incoming mail server). It asks me to verify the port and SSL information on the advanced tab. What should I put in as the number associated with the incoming and outgoing server? Is that the problem????

I've tried everything even having the email go out using my "at home" service, but it still doesn't work. PLEASE HELP!!!! :confused: :eek: :D

2. reggie-ray

reggie-ray Active Member

Just wondering, Who is your ISP - most block acces to port 25(the one which sends) so you will have to send though there STMP server

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Yup, that's the most likely reason. Any other possible issues and you need to speak to your web hosting provider.

4. carlosferns2004

carlosferns2004 Active Member

Hi

Hello

Try this options

telnet outgoing ip 25 to chk smtp server is working or not or u r able to connect

for eg telnet 66.36.251.215 25

Regards
    Carlos