The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outlook problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vinet, May 20, 2004.

1. vinet

vinet Registered

Hi,
    I new for this, and have a problem with pop3 and smtp using in outlook.
    When i open outlook i can send and recive mails normaly, but few minutes later, i can't send any mail. Outlook don't let me any error code.
    I ever need to restart outlook, then send mail again.
    I use W2k, MS Outlook 2000.
    I test in 20 different pc.

Please can any help me?

Thanks,

2. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

This sound like an SMTP authentication problem. Cpanel allows a sender to relay email if one of the following conditions are met:
    1) SMTP authentication, i.e. Outlook logs in with your username and password when sending email.
    2) If the above condition is not met, it allows the sender if he has sucessfully retrieved email from the server in the last 5 minutes.

If this describes your problem, then check if you have SMTP authentication enabled in your Outlook. In my Outlook 2000, I can do it as follows:
    * Tools / Accounts, edit properties of the mail account.
    * In Servers page, enable the last option to allow authentication for outgoing mail server.

Hope this helps ;)

3. vinet

vinet Registered

Thanks for your reply, but this is not the problem, smtp config int the outlook are ok.
    The problem is that in one moment i can send emails, and then not. To fix this problem i need to restart outlook, and then i can send email normaly... but again, few minutes later i can't send mail.

My hosting manager tell me that is a outlook problem but i don't think so, because i test differents accounts in differents pcs and have the same problem.

if you can help me, i'll greatful. :)