The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overriding "disabled" services ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nyjimbo, Nov 4, 2008.

1. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how to override or bypass the "disabled" setting for any given service.

Right now Cpanel techs are working on the Service Manager problems in Freebsd but we really need to bring up mysql. I dont think anything is wrong with mysql as we had this with ftp, syslog and some others, but when you try to run "restartsrv mysql" it goes through the motions but comes back with the "disabled by admin" or something so it wont come up.

Is there a switch or flag or something where we can get any service to come up even though it is "disabled" in WHM?.

I edited the chkservd.conf to show "mysql: 1" but restarting still comes up with disabled and wont start mysql so its really impacting us.

2. sirotex

sirotex Well-Known Member

Hello,

We run FreeBSD and we haven't come across this issue. Have you tried 'enabling' them in the Services? They won't start unless you do.

3. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

I ended up renaming the /etc/mysqldisabled to something else and I could bring up mysql for now.

4. Pat H

Pat H Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This is definitely a (stupid) bug introduced by the 11.24.x branch. I would highly suggest everyone using FreeBSD take a look at the services disabled under /etc/ and manually remove the files if need be.

From what I can tell the following services are disabled:

/etc/syslogddisable
    /etc/mysqlddisable
    /etc/pureftpddisable

These services were also removed from the "Service Monitor" which I think is the problem here. It's not a serious bug, but awfully annoying if you don't know what you're looking for when MySQL fails to restart after an upgrade...

5. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider

You should be able to solve this by re-saving the service manager settings in WHM with the latest builds. The initial release has problems detecting a few services on freebsd and they would have been disabled if they were not show in the interface when saved.