cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Todd I tried that and got

instantly
That's because one of the first things it does it executes a small Perl script that uses ImageMagick Try doing this instead:

Code:
/scripts/perlinstaller Image::Magick
or even
Code:
/scripts/perlinstaller --force Image::Magick

Silver_2000

Mar 31, 2002
Thanks

ended up doing this a couple days ago with the help of my Ded Server host Steadfast Networks

"removed the ImageMagick RPM, then reinstalled the separate cPanel ImageMagick with /scripts/cleanimagemagick, /scripts/installimagemagick, then reinstalled the RPM "

kemis

Feb 17, 2005
Georgetown, TX
There are so many posts on ImageMagick failing to install & none of them offer any definitive solutions.

I've tried the /scripts/cleanimagemagick, uninstalling all imagemagick rpms & doing a yum install, going to WHM & trying to install Image::Magick -- nothing is working.

I continue to get a bunch of errors with the bottom line being:

make: *** [Magick.o] Error 1
JCRISTY/PerlMagick-6.32.tar.gz
/usr/bin/make -- NOT OK

I finally bit the bullet & decided to upgrade from cP 10 to 11 & this is what I get... :-(

Please help if you're able.

Matt

kemis

Feb 17, 2005
Georgetown, TX
Thanks, krisdv! That probably would have worked & I have saved that howto from nick for future reference.

What ended up happening, though, is my server host logged in & ran a forced upcp. I believe that has fixed the problem.

To test, I found, downloaded, and setup JMB Tools' tester found at: http://www.jmbsoft.com/software/tools/

It works now!
Matt