The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overselling reseller going over the limit?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eger, Jul 20, 2004.

1. eger

eger Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what happens when a reseller account goes over the resource usage when they have overselling enabled.

For example. A reseller account has 100mb of bandwidth. They have 4 accounts with 50mb of bandwidth each and they all reach 50mb. that would be 200mb. Who gets suspended? Does the reseller get suspended?

I am unclear as to how the resource limits work with overselling. Can someone clarify this for me?

2. ddeans

ddeans Well-Known Member

I don't think they get suspended. but I beleive that they cannot add any more files to the server.

3. WebOnce

WebOnce Well-Known Member

From as much as I can understand about the WHM system from all of my digging, I would be forced to venture that enabling overselling as is currently implemented on cPanel servers is essencially writing your writing your customers a big fat blank check. Unless you have billing software that can audit the cpanel server and bill for disk/bandwidth overage (which i have NOT seen yet in a prepackaged solution), I would not suggest enabling it.

If by change I am wrong, may the cPanel coders stike me down and cast enlightenment upon us all. :D