Overselling reseller going over the limit?

eger

Feb 28, 2003
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what happens when a reseller account goes over the resource usage when they have overselling enabled.

For example. A reseller account has 100mb of bandwidth. They have 4 accounts with 50mb of bandwidth each and they all reach 50mb. that would be 200mb. Who gets suspended? Does the reseller get suspended?

I am unclear as to how the resource limits work with overselling. Can someone clarify this for me?

ddeans

Feb 13, 2004
Maryland
I don't think they get suspended. but I beleive that they cannot add any more files to the server.

WebOnce

May 20, 2004
Lansing, MI, USA
From as much as I can understand about the WHM system from all of my digging, I would be forced to venture that enabling overselling as is currently implemented on cPanel servers is essencially writing your writing your customers a big fat blank check. Unless you have billing software that can audit the cpanel server and bill for disk/bandwidth overage (which i have NOT seen yet in a prepackaged solution), I would not suggest enabling it.

If by change I am wrong, may the cPanel coders stike me down and cast enlightenment upon us all. :D