Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Overwrite custom srv records used by outlook AutoDiscover support

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by FrankP, Mar 28, 2019.

1. FrankP

FrankP Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello, i would like more information on what happens when you put this option to On.

Overwrite custom SRV records used by Outlook AutoDiscover support [?]
    When enabled, this setting will remove custom SRV records when Outlook AutoDiscover support is added or removed.

What i do assume is that every dns files on the server will be updated to hold all the necessary SRV records after i click save, and that they will all disapear if i disable autodiscover support.

I also assume they would not create an autodiscover subdomain DNS entry?

So My DNS entries and my e-mails are on two different WHM servers right now.
    My bet is that if i tick this option ON and that i create a subdomain entry autodiscover.domainname.com. on my DNS server and make it point to my mail server for which i ticked to overwrite custom SRV the Outlook app will search autodiscover.domain.com and and will querry the mail server indicated for this subdomain for all the other necessary entries on the mail server which is pointed out in the subdomain.

I also have a bonus question, is it possible to support 2 autodiscovers eg. one which points to my mail server and another one for Exchange 365, using a different subdomain name or another technique i am not aware of because i definetly know i cannot have two autodiscover cnames pointing to two different places but is there an alternative in regard to autodiscover?

If any question isnt 100% clear feel free to double check with me as i very much need the answers i am looking for and English isnt my first language and i hope i can still get the answers i am looking for.

Thank you

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello @FrankP

There's a bit more to this in our documentation here: Tweak Settings - Version 78 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Basically, this is related to any SRV records added when you enable/disable Outlook Autodiscover support.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...