The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Package Content

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by necromicon, Mar 11, 2015.

1. necromicon

necromicon Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi everyone,

I have "cPanel Pro 1.0 (RC1) Hosting package Package A" i'm just wondering if it has WHM access. and is there a way to change DNS settings without going to WHM?

Thanks!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You must have root or reseller access in order to login through Web Host Manager. You will need to contact your web hosting provider to see if you purchased a hosting account or reseller account. Name servers are typically configured at the domain registrar, whereas local changes (A records, MX records) are adjustable through cPanel (Simple DNS Zone Editor and Advanced DNS Zone Editor) and WHM (Edit A DNS Zone).

Thank you.

3. necromicon

necromicon Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Michael thanks for the reply. Besides contacting, is there a way to identify just by looking at cpanel if i am using a hosting account or reseller account?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can attempt to access Web Host Manager using the same login details that you use for cPanel. Simply affix "/whm" instead of "/cpanel" to the end of the URL. It's likely you don't have reseller access unless you specifically purchased such a package from your hosting provider.

Thank you.