The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Package problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xlucyano, Sep 27, 2011.

1. xlucyano

xlucyano Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi to all of you,

I have one client who has one hosting package with Addon domains: 2 and SQL databases: 3.
    In his cPanel I saw that he has definded 21 SQL databases and 4 Addon domains.
    To remember:
    - I had one reseller account on a server, now I have my servers and I migrated also this account.
    - Migration was done by generating full backup and restoring backup via Restore a Full Backup/cpmove file

Could be possible that he had a package with 21 databeses and 4 addon domains and when I migrated his account the restore was done with all his previous settings and grant the acces to use all of the resources he had?)

Can someone explain me HOW is this possible?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

If the account is using more databases or domain names than allowed on it's package, it's likely those databases/domain names were created at a time when the limits were higher. When an account is moved to a new package, or migrated to another server, that data is not deleted. This is the intended behavior, as there would be no good method of deleting customer data to ensure it's within those limits.

My advice would be to contact the end-user and let them know that some databases/domain names will need to be removed to fall within the new package details.

Thank you.

3. xlucyano

xlucyano Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello,

I thought it may be so but I wasn't sure.
    Thanks a lot for your support. ;)