Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Packages and DNS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by easyprosys, Jul 21, 2018.

1. easyprosys

easyprosys Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Everything is so different in cPanel. I've created an Unlimited package and set it with a dedicated IP for use with a paid SSL cert. I see three different DNS schemes. I've selected standardvirtualftp. But how do I select standard for a site with a dedicated IP?

How do I select the scheme used by a package or by domain? I can see the zones when logged into the server as root but not when logged in as the account. All I see in the DNS Zone editor is a MX record. Mail is failing because A/CNAME records are missing. As if to suggest that the site owner cannot change the zones. I can ping mail.{domain.tld} and it replies by its dedicated IP address.

I'm lost and overwhelmed.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @easyprosys,

Zone templates are not integrated with packages in cPanel & WHM. I encourage you to vote and add feedback to the following feature requests if this is something you'd like to see implemented in the future:

https://features.cpanel.net/topic/dns-templates-per-package
    https://features.cpanel.net/topic/ability-to-select-zone-template-upon-account-creation-in-whm

To access all available zone record types in cPanel >> Zone Editor, you must enable the following features in WHM's Feature Manager interface (WHM >> Home >> Packages >> Feature Manager):
    • Zone Editor (A, CNAME)
    • Zone Editor (AAAA, CAA, SRV, TXT)
    Let me know if that helps.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...