The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Packages available to Resellers....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by reflexhost, Aug 31, 2001.

1. reflexhost

reflexhost Member

Hi,

I was informed that you can disable the function that allows your resellers to use the same packages that you offer, and have played around with WHM, but I cannot seem to accomplish this. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
    Matt

2. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

go to edit resellers in webhost manager. then edit the reseller you want to limit the packages to. for the accounts you don't want your resellers reselling, enter 0 in for the amount of accounts they can create for that specific plan. you have to use the check box at the top of the edit page where it says: Limit The Amount of Accounts [i:25aad85357]username[/i:25aad85357] can create by account type. (unlimited is acceptable).

[Edited on 8/31/01 by Dahlia]

3. reflexhost

reflexhost Member

If I do that, it means that I can\'t allow my resellers to create their own plans...?

Thx for your help so far :)

Matt

4. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

that\'s right. resellers generally are not given the choice to create their own plans, however you can select to give the reseller the choice to modify accounts (select while editing a reseller: Account Modification and Quota Modification). this way the reseller can alter the set plans you have for your resellers to whatever they want a specific plan to have. this would, however, make it hard to keep track of (the reseller could setup plans with huge amounts of space and bandwidth, would be dangerous).

most hosts will setup a reseller server that only lists plans for their resellers (so your plans you offer won\'t be available to them). you could setup plans for each reseller to their request possibly, but that would be a bit time consuming and after you have a bunch of resellers could get confusing handling all the different plans. mostly hosts will have a set of plans just for resellers, giving them all the same plans to resell. that is the easiest way to have a reseller program imho.