The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Packages Issues !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Silent Ninja, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Silent Ninja

Silent Ninja Well-Known Member

I've noticed that the package files of some accounts are missing (by migration / copy form other server / etc); I didn't really worried about it and I used to told my clients that on those case they have to create a new package, add the account to that package.. etc..

But here comes the issue ! If you don't create the package, and leave that account with the deleted / uncreated package, you have unlimited quota and unlimited bandwidth after you do an upcp or fixquotas, because the server tries to update it's quota/bw limits but, there's no package, so it gets no limits.

It would be really nice to have an editable "default package" for it. Let's say you put on the default 100mb space and 1000mb bandwidth; so when this happens, at least it gets controlled and the user can come to complaint and it gets fixed right on time without any abuses or "free gets".

It also tends to do that as the accounts have no package, the Reseller Center limits stop working, because it seems to count the unlimited accounts as a zero valued.

Is there any hack / easy-fix to do it without creating some redundant links on the /var/packages folder ?

PS: Also the pkgacct and restoreacct should backup the packages created by that user so those get's copied on the new server and it could be less painfull.

#1 Silent Ninja, Oct 7, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2008