The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Packages Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BLWS, Aug 16, 2002.

1. BLWS

BLWS Guest

When I make a reseller account, they are able to use mine (root), along with any other package there is for any other reseller.

Is there anyway to make it so they can only view/use their own package?

Thanks.

2. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

They are suppose to only see their packages. Once with the names like this: username_packagename .

In reseller center make sure you set them up right.

3. Annette

Annette Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

If you set a limit on the type of accounts they can create equal to &unlimited& (no quotes), they will likewise see only their packages instead of every package on that server.

4. resellerspace

resellerspace Member

[quote:1842dbe2df][i:1842dbe2df]Originally posted by awsol[/i:1842dbe2df]

They are suppose to only see their packages. Once with the names like this: username_packagename .

In reseller center make sure you set them up right.[/quote:1842dbe2df]

Yeah that doesn't work actually work though. All my cusotmers have theirusername_packagename and all the other customers can see them

5. resellerspace

resellerspace Member

[quote:6d1f9f098a][i:6d1f9f098a]Originally posted by Annette[/i:6d1f9f098a]

If you set a limit on the type of accounts they can create equal to &unlimited& (no quotes), they will likewise see only their packages instead of every package on that server.[/quote:6d1f9f098a]

That seems to work, the problem is though that, you can no longer limit the overall amount of domains they can create. For example say you have a limit on domain adding to 100 domains. Specifying the limit to 100 domains is great, but packages are visible by all clients. So you do as you say and limit it to specific packages, creating &unlimited& for each one. Sure you could limit each package to a specific number, for example say the reseller has 5 packages, you as admin of the server could limit the creation of 20 accounts per package, but that's not fair to your reseller as they may have one package that does really well and another that hardly gets anyone assigned to it.

There needs to be a combination of both overall limiting (100 domains in total for example) and allows for a particular reseller to only see their own packages.

Hopefuly this will be addressed soon :)

6. Craig

Craig Well-Known Member

Submit a bug report and/or a feature request :)

(if you already have not done so..)

Craig.

7. dolphyn

dolphyn Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Wait a moment, be careful with that bug. Many of us WANT to be able to create packages that are available to all.

The documented behavior is
    [b:87fc64d24e]Note: Packages added with the prefix '&username&_' (no quotes) can only be seen by &username&.[/b:87fc64d24e]
    ... so that's what [i:87fc64d24e]should[/i:87fc64d24e] happen.

If you want to make a package only available to root, it [i:87fc64d24e]should[/i:87fc64d24e] be possible to do it by naming the package as root_packagename.

Note that I said [i:87fc64d24e]should[/i:87fc64d24e]; it doesn't actually seem to work as claimed. ;)