The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Page not found at cpanel address

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rob71, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Rob71

Rob71 Registered

Dear All,

I seem to be a bit stuck here...haven't seen this before, but I do think it's something simple.

One of our customers just happened to mention that he has never had access to his cpanel, on both his computers. He never mentioned this before, after having his domain for more then a year now.

I asked him to try port 2082 without httpS, we tried the simple /webmail address...but at all these loctions he gets a Page not found.

I was so confused I asked him for a screencapture, and indeed he isn't lying. Everybody else, like me, can get in.

These are the versions of software they use: Microsoft Windows 2000, version 5.00.2195. explorer version is 5.50.4134.0600.

Any suggestions?

ps. strangly enough both the search on this forum and Google couldn't point me out this problem...

2. cyanide

cyanide Well-Known Member

Must be a local problem. I would like at what firewall he is running. Programs like Norton can be pretty restrictive.

3. Rob71

Rob71 Registered

Yes, I agree with you that this is a local problem. They have no software firewalls installed. Only the firewall in their router.

Does this sound like a firewall problem? And if so, what ports should be openened?

4. Rob71

Rob71 Registered

When the router firewall is switched off, it works. So, again, what ports should be opened, or what should be the correct setup?

5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member