The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

paper lantern problems

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by sardelich, May 16, 2014.

1. sardelich

sardelich Well-Known Member

I recently updated to 11.43 and paper lantern was automatically activated. But now when I log in to cpanel with root password, i cannot switch between the accounts. There is a list of other accounts but when I switch between, I am again logged in into the main account that is set up as account from where i can choose others. Anybody having the same issue here?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You might try clearing your browser cache, closing all browser instances and then giving it another go.

3. sardelich

tried that several times, 3 browsers, 2 computers.no luck. Event tried incognito browser window.

4. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Are you logging directly into a cPanel account, with the root password and cPanel username, or are you clicking thru from WHM > List Accounts? Please provide a few more steps and I'll give it a go here.

I never leave the option (In List Accounts) to login to cPanel accounts enabled. (Off in Tweak Settings) But there are times I'll need it, and when I enable it, refresh WHM and click one of them to get into the cPanel account, it will fail. Session issues.

Logging out, closing all browser instances and then going again, WHM > List Accounts > Click thru into an an account, will work then.

I assumed this is the issue you mention.

5. sardelich

im logging directly into a cpanel account.one i set as main account.and i have a dropdown list of all accounts. I leave the option in tweak settings to on (i know bad idea) but until i upgraded to paper lantern and 11.43 all was fine. Now the dropdown is here but choosing any of them brings me back to the first account i logged in.Never tried thru whm though. I can log into the chosen account from whm, just tested it, but again the switching between accounts in cpanel is not working, its always reverting to the first logged in account.

6. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    AFAIK, Paper Lantern has not replaced x3 by default, yet.

Could you set that Reseller account's Package to use x3, via WHM Package manager and see if this issue persists?

7. sardelich

in my case, after the cpanel update, all accounts were set by paper lantern by default. I can switch back to x3 but regardless of cpanel theme i use the switching problem is there.

8. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Please feel free to open a ticket to cPanel Technical Support about this. If you do, post the ticket ID back here.