The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paper Lantern - Trying to move a CPanel icon into a group

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by DigitalEssence, May 21, 2014.

1. DigitalEssence

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I've done quite a bit of searching on this subject on the web and here on the forum but can't get my head round it so I thought I'd post a question.

I'm using the Paper lantern theme and my host has installed the Spam Experts plugin but the icon is sitting at the bottom of the CPanel page and not in any groups and I'd like to move this to the mail group.

I read that in /themename/dynamicui/ plugins have their own conf file and this is what you edit rather than the main conf file which could/will be overwritten in an upgrade.

In my /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/paper_lantern/dynamicui/ I've got a dynamicui_prospamfilter3.conf which contains the following:

itemorder=>999,version=>2.0,itemdesc=>SpamExperts,description=>SpamExperts,group=>mail,url=>prospamfilter/index.html,feature=>prospamfilter3,imgtype=>icon,subtype=>img,type=>image,width=>32,height=>32,file=>prospamfilter3

I was under the impression that these conf files were loaded after the main dynamicui.conf and should therefore place the icon correctly?

To confuse matters more (for me). R1Soft was also added at the same time and that is sitting correctly in the mail group and also has its own dynamicui_r1softcdp.conf file with the same format:

itemorder=>999,version=> 1.1,itemdesc=>R1Soft Restore Backups,description=>R1Soft Restore Backups,group=>files,acontent=>R1Soft Restore Backups,url=>r1redirect.php,feature=>r1softcdp,imgtype=>icon,subtype=>img,type=>image,width=>32,heig$

There is no mention of either R1 or SpamExperts in the main dynamicui.conf so I'm confused as to where it's pulling the info from and don't want to do any more fiddling in case I break something.

I read in: AddingIconsAndGroups < SoftwareDevelopmentKit < TWiki that dynamicui files are loaded in the following order:

/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/$theme/dynamicui.conf
    /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/$theme/dynamicui/*dynamicui*.conf
    $resellerhomedir/cpanelbranding/$theme/dynamicui.conf
    /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/$theme/$brandingpkg/dynamicui.conf
    $resellerhomedir/cpanelbranding/$theme/$brandingpkg/dynamicui.conf

and have checked all of these locations but only the first two are present.

Thanks for your help.

Hedley

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

What version of cPanel is installed on your system? You may find the following document helpful once you begin using cPanel version 11.44 (11.43 is the development build for 11.44):

How to Register a Plugin in Paper Lantern

Thank you.

3. DigitalEssence

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Michael,

thanks for your reply. I'm on WHM 11.42.1 (build 16). I will wait until .44 is stable.

So I was on track with the config files in my post?